sep 4: may be I will move
Well, the pendulum has swing back and this time spurred me on to consider things differently.
Before, I'd only ever considered moving to be close-ish to my daughter. But after listening to Peter Crone on "being free", I thought more about what I actually wanted out of my senior years. So I made a list:-
Access to cycle paths.
Hiking opportunities.
Running options.
Somewhere near water for fishing, canoeing or sailing.
Then I considered a unique place where these needs could be met, and I am gravitating to the north west coast and hinterland of Tasmania.
I could still visit my daughter during the winter, but my lifestyle would be heavily geared towards outdoor pursuits that I love.
The potential to buy land, put a tiny house on it, is very doable. The benefit of a tiny house is that it forces simplicity, and takes less time to keep clean and maintained.
There's a truckload of work between here and there, but
for the first time I am feeling energised, and the goal seems achievable.