sep 2: zero day
Today was always going to be a recovery day after a hectic week and my sore knee. So the routine run didn't get done, I didn't even walk it do weights. The fact is the ache was digging me more so today than yesterday and it's playing with my head. So I consciously rested my knee as most as I could, while I unpacked the car, did household chores and tuned up the velo.
Tuna can photo is there because I encountered more bad tuna today as I prepared my usual lunch of rice, beans and tuna. On alert, I reacted quickly to any tiny sign and the first inkling was after the dish was prepared. It had a faint whiff, so it got plucked out and left aside for the cats. I reported this to ALDI.
The Velo got attended to:
Not selecting smaller chain ring, was fixed by slacking off the L screw and the cable. Whoever fitted the cable did a crappy job, quite annoying. When I tested thus later (with rear chocked up), it seems to struggle aligning the little chain ring.
Chain Length: when testing as above with both larger sprocket and cog sekected, it looked okay.
Boom Length: not sure how far this was brought in, perhaps 10cm. Feels ok.
Under cowling bolts: inside the velo two stowage nets have been secured with bolts that are too long. On my ride I scratched my right knee twice, drawing blood. The offending bolt, and its mates were cut back 5mm and rounded off.
Battery care: I removed the battery and charged it in the house ie: solar power. I also researched online, its good for 800 discharges and costs $300.
Headrest: Being short my head is too low to benefit from the moulded headrest. So I fiddled with a pool noodle add on. I need to buy a not green noodle before securing it.
Seat padding: I added a section of pool noodle under the "air" seat and it felt rather good.
Hopefully my knee will allow me to test ride then go grocery shopping tomorrow.
On another bright note, today I spent $0.00.