22 Aug: parkrun (#5) x 2

After an easy running week due to my eye op. I set out to run 10k this morning. As usual the morning light was especially beautiful improved by my vision. 

The usual numbers were present and despite my hoping to arrive a little early so I could get a half lap in, I began as usual. I missed The Doctor today, but the bulk of faces are here. 
The lake looks nice, a fresh SWr stirring early. I finish easily at my Slow Jog pace in 32min. and immediately head out for another lap. I'm feeling better than I was to start with, but midway through my third (half) lap I feel soreness in the quads. Good! Prolong the pain.
I sm stoked to rerun the finish line as the PR elders and regulars are packing up in 1h12m. With a 2-3m lapse during sign off, I'm about the same pace as earlier. Funny, I have trouble stopping.
My usual treat follows, a small apple turnover and large flat white, and a gnome. 
Feeling grateful. 

Popular posts from this blog

a new boat - Norwalk Islands Sharpie 18 "Clancy"

trip west pt 2

Radio Operator's Licence