21 Aug.big dream, this morning, eye check

A long time love, the Heavenly Twins. A beautifully curvy little girl that I could love aboard. 

This is a Sell-The-House and go all in proposition. For this boat, I would do it.

The forecast was "cloudy" for today, but I knew yesterday's build up held rain. We're having a light shower. 

My plan to ride to town  (Maitland) may be drowned if it keeps going. I have a medical check up after midday, so time to figure it out. 

Well I cheated on the ride by taking my bike on the train. The risk of getting wet was high, and I was being wimpy which I really should stop being like that. I read a little of a book by a guy from western NSW who had run across Australia and he reckoned that shedding comfort was a key to becoming better at endurance sports. Anyway karma bit me, the rear tyre on my folding bike has a not-so-slow leak. I have to stop every 15 minutes to pump of back up. But I'm out in the fresh air exercising and haven't gotten too wet yet. I actually spent time at the East Maitland Library, joined up and borrowed a book about a Permaculture dude, who is riding his bike with family, sleeping rough, or with friends or Warmshowers hosts, and foraging for free food as they go. Right up my alley! 
His penchant for catching fish by line or spear, is really cool. Something I really need to do more of. 

The Eye Doctor is running late and there are only 3 empty seats in the waiting room. Its going to be a long afternoon. 

Well I breezed through the post-op check and apparently I can read down to the second smallest line on the sight board. When I went in with two cataracts I could only just make out the illuminated sight board on the wall. So a massive improvement, at no cost. In the crowded waiting room I re-met Penny (Wollombi artist and art teacher), and Greg (Stroud landholder, cyclist) who was sporting a big black eye from his op. 

My luck was in, after snavelling a pair of veggie tempura sushi rolls I jumped on my bike and found the rear tyre had held pressure. So it was probably a bit of dirt in the valve that blew clear on the last inflation. Woohoo. 

It was raining however, so I kept the discomfort level elevated. And that's a Good Thing!  Its 3:30pm, I'm at the train station and under shelter,  train due in 20min. 

Popular posts from this blog

a new boat - Norwalk Islands Sharpie 18 "Clancy"

trip west pt 2

Radio Operator's Licence