10/8: blowy 11/8: blowy
Waking to rain & galeforce winds, a morning run was postponed. I did Resistance Weights instead.
The wind was bashing us up & during a trip about the cabin to secure lose items, I discovered the extension ladder was delicately clinging on to the guttering. Phew, close shave.
Not long after breakfast, the skies cleared, it was still blowing hard, but I thought it would be ok to go for a run.
It was good to be out except when passing under towering eucalypts during gusts. I braced my arms over my head, just in case & picked up speed. In the end it was a good run.
After lunch I made way to the post office to return Wee Seal plans to their owner.
11/8: the winds these past 48 hours have been remarkable. There are things blown around that Ive not seen done before.
We got out early this morning for a 10k on Lennoxton Road. Only one vehicle went by, the Vacy school bus, but the cattle gave Cuddy total jip. Well, they were black! Off leash he would disappear into the opposite paddock and run 100m clear of any beast. I tethered him on the way home to avoid and hassle.
Coffee at Vacy was good, but nowhere near as good as Michele's at Lender Place after Parkrun.
After breakfast I went to clear LANTANA by the first creek. It was really steep and uneven and I really wanted it done before snake season. For some reason I was really stoked with the results.
At home I got nervous about the cement sheeting I recycled from Al. I remember collecting it from Tile Centre Charlestown and that there was no charge. The guy from the shop said it had "no asbestos", but he might have winked. I researched and found that there's been no asbestos since 1980. Thats good. I also read the "golf ball dimples" are an indicator of asbestos. So it went and I mopped up afterwards.
I then recycled the hardwood shelving planks, to make a workbench. Wow, if I can use strong fastenings, it will be The Bomb.
Really confused over the ROTOVELO. I need to think of it as a CAR REPLACEMENT. This makes sense.