30 july: run outing

Due to Council road resurfacing I endeavoured to get out early. Cuddy & I were on the road just after 6:30, I even had my first coffee in the car!
We parked up near the Newcastle cruising club marina & walked the Foreshore to Nobbys break wall, back along Horseshoe dog beach. We were out for over 90mins. but mileage suffered due to footwear. 
I wore my hiking shoes thinking, well I jogged a bit on the Camino, they'll be fine. Big No! They were like running in high heel shoes, really clunky. I tried to persist, but in the end I was worried about injuring myself so I dropped back to a walk. So annoying. 
the foreshore  
heading along the break wall. The surf was a churning affair, only 4' but heavy.

for whatever reason, i love this little driftwood trap. I fantasize about taking some & building abstract art or furniture.  

Popular posts from this blog

a new boat - Norwalk Islands Sharpie 18 "Clancy"

trip west pt 2

Radio Operator's Licence