22 July: a spiritual stroll

This beautiful morning I awoke before light, said a Rosary & did Wim Hof breathing. After a quick coffee the dog & I walked for an hour as the sun filtered through a mist & trees. 

I was fascinated to listen to a podcast about Our Lady of Fatima. When walking the Portuguese Camino from Porto, I met a veryvery serene Japanese woman & her husband who were walking towards Fatima. I knew in a moment I should have followed their route; Camino Frances, Camino Portuguese in reverse & onto Fatima. But, it's possible that seeing the grace that lady showed, was enough reward.
Further, with the podcast, I was reminded that revelations of visitations placed the shepherd children at risk. Their parents, fellow villagers, health professionals, journalists, atheists and sceptics all derided the children.  One government official forced the three children to denounce what they had said with the threat of being boiled in oil. 
It strikes me that while a crowd of between 50 & 100 thousand onlookers witnessed some aspects of a Coming of the Mother of the Rosary & many sick were cured, most Visitations are intensely private & targeted to certain individuals. It occurs to me, after a long life witnessing the depravity of "the church", politicians, corporations & people generally that there is a good reason. Principally, so that the corrupt & those with I'll intentions are prevented from false claims in order to gain profit. ...


The rest of my day was busy:-
- drove to RMS Dungog to renew my license. I'd worried unduly about the eye test. 3yrs secured 
- visited a new bookshop, selling used books & got " 117 Days Adrift" for $5. I'll return there.
- grabbed a coffee & spoke to women checking out a local rental.
- visited the new look library, got a new card & borrowed a book about Toby Mowbray's sail to Mawson's Hut.

After this I went to East Maitland to restock on pills, checked out Vinnies, got a Thai lunch & paint for Shanti's decks & doghouse. 


At home, after lunch I fired up Digger & routed lantana below the bend & back towards the dam. It was steep to & a bit nerve wracking. Did some hand grubbing before feeding the pets @16:00hrs.  

   

Popular posts from this blog

a new boat - Norwalk Islands Sharpie 18 "Clancy"

trip west pt 2

Radio Operator's Licence